Mr B's Reading Year
As the lucky recipient of a Mr B’s Reading Year you will receive eleven fantastic books over the course of a year, each one hand-selected by a dedicated Mr B’s bibliotherapist to suit your reading tastes, beautifully wrapped and delivered to your door.
You can buy the book-lover in your life (or yourself) a Mr B’s Reading Year in two forms: Paperback Reading Year at £135 and Hardback Reading Year at £220. Each Reading Year includes:
- Initial 20 minute consultation with one of the Mr B’s team either at the shop, on the telephone or via emailable questionnaire so that we can get a feel for your reading tastes and habits.
- Eleven books which will arrive on or around the first day of each month (excluding January, where we assume you’ll still be reading your Christmas books!).
- Our unique gift-wrapping of brown paper and string all finished off with a Mr B’s wax seal and stamp.
- Follow-up contact with your bibliotherapist during the year to make sure our choices are on track.
- A Mr B’s Reading Year Passport sent to the purchaser or recipient at the outset to explain the gift.
- All UK postage costs (but we send out Reading Year books all around the world so do contact us for a quote including international shipping costs).
How to Purchase a Mr B’s Reading Year: Call on 01225 331155, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the shop at 14-15 John Street, Bath.
Some answers to questions that we often receive from Reading Year recipients:
- The Reading Year is initiated as soon as you get in touch with us to complete the brief consultation on reading preferences. You’ll receive your first book at the beginning of the next month.
- Our bibliotherapists love to receive feedback on the books that they send out to you as this helps them fine-tune the selections that they make as the year progresses.
- We try to avoid sending out books which you might already have. Wherever we think there’s a risk of you having come across the book already, we can send you (or someone close to you) a “spoiler” email hinting at the book that’s about to be sent. If you do already have the book received then we will replace it with a new choice if you send it back to us.